18 July 2006

Herzegovinian Dinner

After a day in Bosnia-Herzegovina, Mladin stopped to have dinner on a friend's farm - the same friends, it turns out, who gave us fruit earlier that day on the way to Medjugorje. They opened their home to us despite the fact that we could barely speak to them, and they served us fresh vegetables and ham from their farm. Vegetarian that I am, I was more interested in the ham's origin than the actual edible product, but I don't think anyone noticed. More homemade alcohol (wine this time), beautiful countryside, and hospitality unrivaled in all of my growing-up-in-the-Midwest experience.


Join us for dinner

Runtime 1:40

Tags: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

It was fun(ny) to see how excited you got over seeing pigs. It was almost as though you had never seen real pigs before only read abou them in books like Charolette's Web.
I really do enjoy seeing others enjoy life. I think we should all enjoy the little things more, just like you did here. You saw beauty in fruit, chickens, and pigs and a dinner with friends and you enjoyed it all. That is cool. Thanks for sharing.

21:32  
Blogger missbhavens said...

Heavenly. You are basically living my dream trip!

12:45  
Blogger Steve Garfield said...

Pigs! Pigs! Pigs!

So fun.

09:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home